Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Real Purpose for This Blog

The Beginning

Is it possible to have a modern day blog that raises awareness about current women's issues here in the US and around the globe, while still respecting men? The answer is yes! And that is what I set out to do. I may not be the best author of all time, but I am very passionate about women's issues around the world and feel the need to do something about it. So I will write....

I have been to 11 different countries, and have been blessed to experience working with women from very different cultures. I have worked with orphans, and former prostitutes in third world nations such as Cambodia and Malaysia. I have also attended elite Paris couture fashion shows sitting next to the wealthiest women in the world. I have found that with each of these extremes, one thing remains... despite wealth, race, or disposition in life, women all experience the same emotions of pain and joy, happiness and suffering. All of us need to know our worth and value. All of us need love.

Taking It in a Different Direction

I started this blog as a fashion blog and am deciding to take it in another direction. Okay, so I can't promise I won't ever write about shoes, but I am going focus on writing about what I am MOST passionate about, women's life issues. I will post on topics such as: body image, plastic surgery, marriage, race, religion, abortion, adoption, women in politics, and even motherhood (though I am not a mother...yet). I want to raise awareness for controversial issues such as: finding your voice in an "man's world", and deep global issues like: sex trafficking, the wearing of burkas, female circumcision, and poverty.

This is not a religious blog. It is a blog about women's issues.  I do believe however, the Bible is absolute truth, so my posts will be based from that standpoint. That being said, in my own life I have been forced to dig for much deeper answers than some of the traditional religious answers of today, and will share in a way that forces you to think for yourself, and dig for your own answers as well. Let's face it. We need real tangible solutions for the problems we face today. Most Christians would say, "Jesus is the answer for everything". While I agree with that statement wholeheartedly, I ask, "What exactly does that look like, for Jesus to be the answer?" How do you realistically tell that to the woman in Africa dying of AIDS holding her starving baby?

This blog is not for the faint of heart. This blog is not for the North Raleigh women who want to stay in their perfect little Crabtree Valley Mall/Brier Creek bubble, and not be bothered to know what is going on in the world around them. Some of the issues I want to talk about are very controversial, so please keep in mind that if you disagree with me on any of these postings, on any level, I truly respect your opinion and I welcome you to not read my blog.

I also understand that by openly posting my opinions I risk losing friends of differing opinions and values. Though it would grieve me to know that I have lost any friends, I also know that I must fulfill my ultimate calling, being a "voice for the voiceless" and standing up for what I believe to be truth. Life is short and I want to make an impact on this earth while I am here. There is too much inside of me that I must get out in hopes of bettering the lives of women.....

Ultimate Purpose

By inviting you to read my writings, I hope you will join me on this journey of discovering current events and global issues of women in 2011.  It is a journey all of us are currently living and all of us are a part of it in some form or another.

While I ultimately respect your opinions and thoughts as women, I am not writing to gain popularity. My ultimate purpose for this blog is to speak truth and by doing so, I hope you are inspired, challenged, enlightened, and encouraged in who you are as women. I hope that each of you realize the impact you can make in your own sphere of influence, be it large or small. If just one of you is encouraged by this blog, then it is worth it.Whether you are a sister, mother, friend, wife, girlfriend, daughter, lover, homemaker, business woman, or student, I pray that you are impacted and challenged to really think for yourself (as I have been) about what you believe so that you can make a difference in the lives around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment