Friday, February 25, 2011

Go Out And Make Your World Happen


Advice From Me to You


Go out and make your world happen, don't just let life happen to you. In order to get what you want and be who you want to be you must be proactive in life, and not wait for things to fall into your lap.


This is a principle I live by and wanted to share with you. Going after what you want in life may come easier for some than for others. I consider myself a "go getter," but that doesn't mean that I am not scared sometimes. And it certainly doesn't mean that I have always been successful at everything I have tried. 

There is power in our choices. There is power in our motivations. There is power in our actions. Fear and our lack of motivation and actions can also be powerful. They can subtly yet powerfully hinder us from reaching our goals.


Carpe Diem!

Seize the day, or you may have herd the famous term, "Carpe Diem!" It is never too late to change the direction your life is going in. If you want to make a change in any area of your life, you must first have the following mindset: "I am going to give different to get different (results)." You have to say to yourself, I am not just going to sit here and let life pass me by. I am going to pursue what I want and go for it. I am determined to be the person that I want to be. 

Often times we are our own worst enemy. We also tend to be our own worst critic. If you have an idea or a dream, go for it! Worst case scenario, things don't go exactly how you planned. If you end up not being as successful as you had hoped, that doesn't mean that you have failed. It means that you tried something and probably learned a lot along the way about yourself and the situation. 


What is it that you aspire to do? What are some of the things you have dreamed of? Set goals for yourself in order to reach your dreams. Then, when you meet those goals, set higher goals the next time around. What kind of person do you want to be? You have more influence than you think you do to create the kind of life that you want. Of course there are always things in life that are out of our control, things that are only in God's hands. I believe that we ourselves are partly responsible for creating our own experiences, and we can do this while asking God for help along the way. What are you waiting for? Go out and make your world happen!


Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matt. 19:26


No comments:

Post a Comment